Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A suggestion on Gray Jedi.
(07-15-2020, 01:53 PM)Sygnum Wrote: Any chance you guys have tried to fight as a ranked FRS jedi yet.  The advantage should go to them with the light/dark control and manipulation.  All of this stuff can be tweaked if need be.  But after polling some pvper's who have played both jedi's had said that for now they couldn't see a reason to tweak anything on the FRS sides.  

Also another note, yes Grey Jedi is a PVE jedi, in a sense that its not forced to PVP, that was the hole reason in creation was to give players a chance to play a jedi without a bounty hunter or 3 humping their legs every time they're in the med center getting buffed.  There are a few ways they can get involved, the normal faction related way.  The /setpvp way, or the TEF way.  The same basic concept as all the other professions that decide when and where they would like to PVP.  

Is a Grey Jedi Strong, yes. Are they stronger than their FRS counterparts its hard to say we havent had a council member FRS jedi yet.  Are they unkillable? No, you can take out a full template Grey Jedi if you know what you're doing. And well a bit of luck too. Solo would be a challenge but i know that in a duo situation for sure.

I am neutral in this because it would not effect my game play with them either way.  I don't speak for toxic but I believe that because they can PVP atm, that he is for allowing Grey Jedi to PVP.  And in this case we need alot more feedback so keep it coming.

to long to read lol

(07-15-2020, 01:53 PM)Sygnum Wrote: Any chance you guys have tried to fight as a ranked FRS jedi yet.  The advantage should go to them with the light/dark control and manipulation.  All of this stuff can be tweaked if need be.  But after polling some pvper's who have played both jedi's had said that for now they couldn't see a reason to tweak anything on the FRS sides.

I tried a little self-dueling today.

That is my MLS, MEnh, 4004 Heal FRS Jedi attacking my GM. Both had Force Armor 2 enabled. No food, no Intim, just 4 hits.

Each hit was approximately 70-75 damage after mitigation.

[Image: QNxv7ju.png]

That's my GM hitting my FRS Full template with the now-normalised 1H counterpart.

Each hit was between 100-120 damage. 

Now, that's not a huge difference. 30-50 per hit. Could be considered on par with a GM already.

Except I don't have full heal self. I can't heal my allies. I can clear my stats and heal myself at a lesser capacity.

Now imagine that I decided I want those full heals, so I change to MLS, MHealer, 4024 Enh (I need Force run and meditate since I have a full 27 less regeneration points than a GM) and as a result, I only have FA1.

[Image: TbTSXnD.png]

I'm now getting hit for roughly 160-190 damage per hit, while inflicting 70-75. I also lost Force Resist States in the trade, so I'm blind, stunned and dizzy all the time. Dealing less damage with stunned. But hey, I can full heal myself now after sacrificing those things.

The entire point of having the 5 mastery system with a limited amount of skill points is that ultimately you are going to have to sacrifice something, whether it's healer or absorb or powers or static defense stats.

Is a Grey Jedi Strong, yes. Are they stronger than their FRS counterparts its hard to say we havent had a council member FRS jedi yet.  Are they unkillable? No, you can take out a full template Grey Jedi if you know what you're doing. And well a bit of luck too. Solo would be a challenge but i know that in a duo situation for sure.

The time and skill required to reach Council far far far surpasses what is required to gain GM, and there is no decay once you have reached that level. It takes 990,000 FRS XP to reach Council level. 1,490,000 to reach Council Leader.

Each FRS Kill gives roughly 700 FRS XP, and it's on a cooldown, so you cannot gain FRS from the same player in a set period of time. That means that it will take 1,414 PvP deathblows to reach council rank. And a further 714 kills to reach council leader. That is an insane amount of kills. When you factor in decay also, you are potentially looking at 2,000-3,000 unique(based on cooldown) kills to reach the "counterpart" of GM as you put it. This might take months, based on the current PvP situation, years.

What is required to reach GM? A few days at a high XP area, that you can do unbuffed if you have pikatta.

I'm not saying that this was a 100% full controlled test. Just something to hopefully answer what you asked even a little bit.

Voxxy's LS stats are : 466-579
FRS : 549-645

So the damage disparity becomes even more inflated if I was to find the exact pearls used and do a controlled test.

I am reasonably new to the server as in been here less than a month. When deciding which jedi path to take I came to the conclusion that there is absolutely no positive side in making an FRS Jedi vs. Gray jedi (part from bragging rights), with the current calculations it would take years of constant hunting for PvP and you would also need to be succesfull in DB:ing every opponent and never die.

PvP guys always look for the best possible combination of skills/items/classes and right now Gray Jedi is the ultimate PvP weapon, I mean sure I can give a Gray jedi run for their money 1v1 on my CM but will inevitably lose due to the sustain of gray jedi and the sheer utility they have at their disposal.

If removing the ability for Gray Jedi to PvP means they will be left alone and not nerfed to crap then I am all for it. The problem comes when the "l33t dudz" start complaining they are getting qwnd by Gray Jedi and start QQ'ing and you guys start conforming to what they want. Let the FRS Jedi do the grind and pew pew each other till their hearts content and leave the Gray Jedi out of it.

Pasting this here for transparancy.

Quote:Bigtap-[DEV]

You want my opinion I will give it. Ultimately toxic will have the last word. Its simple for me. Grey jedi js a main feature of the server. I dont see why someone would start to chip away at it. Should they be removed from pvp? No.  They have an option to join with the risk of permanent death and getting attacked by both sides reb and imp. They are strong yes. Are they invincible or op? Hell no. I haven't lost to one yet with my bh.  In the end everyone has the option to play one. There's nothing stopping you from making a grey and joining pvp.

I'm gonna go ahead and point this out.. The concept behind grey Jedi was simple.. Make a jedi counterpart that did not have forced PVP. There was no they can not pvp in the original concept. This gave players the ability to play the game without BHs humping their legs the second they come out of their house/med center/cantina/whatever. Or if you were in the middle of fighting a high HAM boss or creature/NPC. (basic mosquito buzzing in your ear)..

The PVP side of it was that if you were truly neutral and elected to /setpvp then you would be SF to both Imp and Reb forces. But you control when and where you want to PVP. The TEF brought in a new layer to this, but its no different than any other toon being used.

Alot of the elite classes are really good, and they all can be defeated. Its a matter of trial and error and figuring out the best way and style to take out each.

This is not for or against any changes in relation to the original post, just a why and how outline for why we create the Grey Jedi.
Sygnum
SWGFlurry Co-Owner and Developer
https://github.com/sponsors/sygnum