Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padawan Grind..
I unlocked a couple of weeks ago and have spent the same amount of time, looking for a guide to being a Paddy.
There really isn't one. There's tons of guides to get here, tons of stuff for the old system, but nothing comprehensive about the Padawan Grind. I am no expert. In fact, I have tons of questions too, but these are just a few things I've learned from "hit and miss".

Here's my suggestions, in no particular order:
(The obvious stuff, food, buffs, grind in solo group or just solo. Pixie is your friend.)
1. Get TKA 0004, (0003 at least). You'll need it. I was MB/MS and still ended up on my butt every time I went out.
2. Conventional wisdom says Lightsaber 0010 first. But my experience, you can't wear armor to use Force specials, try a "spin" at 0010 with no armor against a Rancor. Good luck. The biggest problem is putting the armor back on, there's a delay and you'll end up in the cloner. I'm not saying don't get 0010, but I suggest 0011 before you try to spin.
3. Regular Polearm hit is health (at 0020 about 1k), if you get 0021, use saber slash and polearm hit together.
4. Saber throw is a good hit.
5. The grind is horrible, (but a breeze compared to the old grind). I've killed Rancors, (about 5000) and Querkers, (about 4500) and I've found while you can grind on Dath, not sure you want to. Never know when a NS will come into view and start chasing you. Think this just boils down to what you're comfortable with.
6. Get a Doc as a pal! Seriously. You'll loose XP on the clone, not the death. Consent before you go out and have them come rez you. (It helps if they've got a combat too.)
7. Once you can wear your robes for a period of time in combat, just switch back to your regular weapon, without putting the armor on. You'll be able to finish off the target/lair and not have to worry about the "slot is full" delay.
8. I picked up Force Defender 1000 early, hoping to improve my chases, no noticeable improvement. (you'll get Jedi Toughness, which is robe only, but at lower levels, doesn't seem to help at all.)
9. The cloner really hurts. 30k on your first box, 50k on your 2nd box. (Bribe a doc to come rez you. Just don't change back into armor around them. Take the rez, pull your speeder and go!)
10. Go for damage on your saber at lower levels, you won't get enough hits in to worry about efficiency.
11. Don't give up a box. You wont' get the XP back, none of it. IF you take the wrong one, live with it and grind thru.
12. I'd suggest just sticking to Lightsaber for your first few boxes. Really you don't get enough bonuses for anything else to help, right off. Get novice healer, but again, you've got to be out of armor to use it.
13. (Flurry Special) Just learned this last night, you can "re-tune" crystals on this server. So, go ahead an buy those "used" crystals and stick 'em in your saber.

Now, I've got some questions, hopefully others can answer.
Crafting Mastery, does not/does improve lightsaber crafting.
Combat Prowess/Enh Reflexes, does not appear to help in robes.
Does Visibility decrease like the old system or once you have it, you have it?
SL groups don't seem to trickle down to Jedi. Maybe it's just broken?

I promise more as I advance.

Loevon
Lowly Padawan

Thank you for #6 and #11. I didn't know that. Could you use the force crystal to res and not lose xp? How many charges does the force crystal have?

I just recently got padawan myself. What I do to grind is get 0010 in saber like you

I make sure I get 10x missions that have melee mobs (non-humanoid of coarse!) in the same direction

I have my map set to 256m, and before I start I make sure there are no humanoid mobs / players in the vicinity (if there are humanoid mobs, I go kill them first. If there are players near I just kill the mission using my [Weapon_of_Choice])

I go up to the lair, equip my saber, /attack it once, have the mobs come to me, /saber_db_spin1 2 or 3 times to make sure I hit all 4-6 mobs on me

Switch to [Weapon_of_Choice]

Run far enough away from the lair so when I spin attack it doesn't spawn more mobs

/Weapon_of_Choice_spin2 till they're all dead

Rinse / repeat till mission is over

Head to next mission

Now, is there an easier/better way?

I was MTK and MFencer. I did my first boxes in the Pygme Torton cave on Rori. Then i moved on to Endor to grind LS 0040 and Enhancer 0002. After that i did the rest on Dantooine.
Took me +1 week on the first leg. And another week to get full template. No rush.

Can anyone confirm this? I heard it in general chat this morning.

You can have force sensitive skills and up to -6 or -8 skill points for it....

ie: Full Jedi temp lets say uses 246 sp, then also have up to 10 or 12 sp in force sensitive skills now making your build be a total of 256 or 258 skill points

Quick answer, "yes", you'll go negative.
The reason, Force Sensitive isn't counted, so like, Force Combat, Force Reflexes, are not included in the 250.
But at the same time, the game is smart enough to know when you've hit max. I had to dump my TKA line last night.

(03-22-2017, 05:52 PM)yoghurt Wrote: Thank you for #6 and #11. I didn't know that. Could you use the force crystal to res and not lose xp? How many charges does the force crystal have?

I just recently got padawan myself. What I do to grind is get 0010 in saber like you

I make sure I get 10x missions that have melee mobs (non-humanoid of coarse!) in the same direction

I have my map set to 256m, and before I start I make sure there are no humanoid mobs / players in the vicinity (if there are humanoid mobs, I go kill them first. If there are players near I just kill the mission using my [Weapon_of_Choice])

I go up to the lair, equip my saber, /attack it once, have the mobs come to me, /saber_db_spin1 2 or 3 times to make sure I hit all 4-6 mobs on me

Switch to [Weapon_of_Choice]

Run far enough away from the lair so when I spin attack it doesn't spawn more mobs

/Weapon_of_Choice_spin2 till they're all dead

Rinse / repeat till mission is over

Head to next mission

Now, is there an easier/better way?

It's going to be a long grind like that... Couple of thoughts.
You'll pull about 1/2 to a 1/4 of total Jedi XP like that. IF you can stay in there and do the whole fight at Jedi, you'll pull better XP. At the same time, at 0010, you're not going to do it.
Also the XP increases as does your level. So, say you're now 0020, what was giving you 3k, now gives you 5k.
I actually went 0404 for my first line and I'll tell you, it's a world of difference. I don't think it matters which line you take, just get that first 0040. Now I'm pulling like 10k per kill.
And everyone is saying the same thing, stick to LS first. Not only does "deverish" wipe out everything, the hit itself is awesome.

I cannot answer on the crystal for the very reason you mentioned, I'm worried about using it just the once. Smile
Something else I've noticed, once you hit that 4th box in whatever line, if you're on Dathmor, NS seek you out, which is Visibility. Almost after every mission last night, I had a NS just "magically" show up and start beating on me.

Also, I don't know if it still applies, but once I filled up "Force Sensitive" boxes, the old man came back to kill Mel.
Now, it's a tough mission, bring friends, lots, because not only do you need to kill him, (which I did) you need to take out the Power Mods, which pulls all the Sith around him to you.

As to the grind itself.. I am no slacker. I have been at it for the past 3 weeks, at least 6 hours a day (usually 12), everyday.. and just yesterday I hit 0040. I'm killing regular Rancors to get there, 6k a kill. You can take Bull Rancors too, but they've got a nasty DoT that picks random ability. Enough of them and you'll encap. Don't take Enraged Bulls. They'll knock you out. (10k+).

I'm not sure how we got so many "JKs" in less than a month. Not pointing fingers, but I know the grind.
Which leads me to my next question, "How Do You Get From Paddy To Knight"?

Oh, Sabers themselves....
In crafting, I max out on resources, seriously, (You won't on crystal packs, so don't try..)
I've not noticed any major improvement. Seems the only "boost" you get is once you start taking the 4th tree.
Force Sensitive Crafting does not seem to have any effect, either.
Best bet, save the money on buy high end crystals, which can be reused. (You can retune another Jedi's, that's why they're for sale.)
That's all I can think of for now..

[Edit: Robes]
Oh ya, most important thing, ditch the Robes as soon as you can and get either Shatterpoint/Cloak Of Hate. You can equip BE cloths, backpack. Hood up, no "hat".

In 4 days, playing about 4-6 hours a day, I got Master LS, 2444 enh and 2200 heal, from 0040 LS, 2002 Enh, and 2000 heals.

How I got there was taking the advice of only using a saber to kill. Used a 2nd gen LS with efficiency maxed out when you're crafting and experimenting, and put in -8 -9 pearls. Your FC will be sub 10 on the saber depending on how good your mats and experiments go. (Mine was 5 FC, people told me they've got them to 0)
Make sure you have synthsteak and pikata pie foods.

- xx4x saber gives you dervish.
- 2xxx heal gives you HealAllSelf1 (heals for 500 HAM)
- 2xxx enhance gives you force speed which makes your dervish faster (less time between attacks).
- xxx2 enhance gives you channel force (takes your TOTAL HAM reduces it to replenish force pool, HAM slowly comes back, but way faster than waiting for your force pool to regen by itself)

I was taking enraged rancor missions, and getting 9.2k per kill. Bull Rancors for 7.5k per kill. Make sure you don't get Enraged Bull Rancors, they dizzy/kd and HIT HARD. But like Loevon said, they're 10.1k per kill, I'd still avoid them.

If you have a spin partner, it makes it go by way faster! Just make sure the both of you are the SAME Faction, neutral is NOT a faction. If you are both neutral you'll both give each other vis, even if you're grouped.
20 missions, 9.2k per kill for both of you, 15 kills per mission. 2.76 mil xp for going out once on your 20 missions together, or 1.38 mil if you're doing it solo (10 missions)

From here, go get xx44 in sabers, as it will make your saber speed faster, and you'll get to craft a new 2nd gen saber with more experiment points. After saber xx44 go about your template anyway you choose.

Hope this helps along side what Loevon has contributed.

Loevon, from my understanding, the way you get Knight is by having 246 SP used in Jedi skill trees

Just doing the math..
One tree is 3,000,000 XP. (Master is 12,000,0000.)
Figure, 20 hours a week, that's 150,000 an hour or 2500 XP a minute.

Granted, with deverish, you'll hit that, but you won't before.
(I actually took 2Handed and 2Handed has the same bonuses as Pole. Sorry, can't stand all the "phallic" jokes I get in the Cantina.."Hey, is that a glow stick in your hand.. Or just a stick?" Ya know..)